Boats crashing

AnonymousDeveloper

Boats crashing

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 13th August 2015, 08:20

Hello.

When you take a boat ride and at the destination harbor another boat is waiting for departure, your boat drifts into the waiting one.
    The character gets stuck in the boat and cannot move. (Need SoE because as far as I remember, the breath gauge appears.)

Maybe it's not a important problem, but at least it is reported now.

Yours sincerely,
    AnonymousDeveloper
    xlinkinx

Re: Boats crashing

Post  xlinkinx on 13th August 2015, 09:55

AnonymousDeveloper wrote:Hello.

When you take a boat ride and at the destination harbor another boat is waiting for departure, your boat drifts into the waiting one.
    The character gets stuck in the boat and cannot move. (Need SoE because as far as I remember, the breath gauge appears.)

Maybe it's not a important problem, but at least it is reported now.

Yours sincerely,
    AnonymousDeveloper
    already informed about it, and turn the geodata patchnod, this problem will not be.

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 17th August 2015, 21:21

A server is supposed to use Geodata, so it's not considered a bug by my side, since it's a non-Geo server bug.
    If problem persists with active Geodata as well, please let me know.
    Thanks for reporting.

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 31st August 2015, 01:25

Hello.

Finally I have geodata enabled. (Coord-sync: 2) (Real good geodata, checked it with editors)
    I enabled it with cell-pathfinding. (Pathnodes are either bad generated or very bad implemented in core)

The boats are still crashing into each other. (Self checked in Talking Island Harbor)
    Another problem is, with enabled geodata and cell-pathfinding:

You take the boat from A to B, and when you try to get out of the ship at harbor B, the character runs to the center of the ship.
    Best chance to get out is with arrow keys.

Maybe this is fixed with pathnodes (and not cell-pathfinding), but like said, they work very bad with characters running straight into walls at a small village like Talking Island Village.

It is not a serious problem, but if you could spare some time it would be glad if you could look into it.

Thank you for your great work on this project.

Yours sincerely,
    AnonymousDeveloper
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ on 31st August 2015, 12:26

this problém is on all projects :-) i play loong time c4 on diffrent servers from 2007 problém everywhere was same problém. This bug is very hard.

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 31st August 2015, 14:20

From my point of view it is still possible:

We need to monitor the current waypoint of every boat.
    And if for example the Gludin->TI boat reaches the lastpoint-1, it has to check if the TI->Giran boat is in the harbor (waypoint 0, because I think the first waypoint is already on the track itself) and wait until the TI->Giran boat is not on waypoint 0.

I already looked into it, but I did not have enough time to figure out the exact function of the L2BoatManager as well as it's L2BoatInstances and Trajets and so on...

About the problem with leaving a boat with Geodata 2, I have one simple idea, although i am not sure if it is the right fix.
    Declare a rect with the position of the landing places of every boat in all harbors and disable geodata as long as players are in this rect.
    (May be defined in zone.xml).
    As soon as the player gets in the rect, geodata is disabled, is he leaves this rect ( = leaves boat), geodata kicks in.

All of this is just theory and before I try an implementation I would like to hear the opinions of DnR because, without doubt, he has most experience in the lisvus code.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely yours,
    AnonymousDeveloper

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 1st September 2015, 14:33

Yesterday, i spent some time travelling from Giran Harbor to Talking Island Harbor with total success.
    So i suppose the problem is Gludin Harbor, which has 2 departures/arrivals, one for TI and one for Rune Harbor.
    About Geodata, characters already disregard it while on boat. I have come up with something but i have to check it first.
    Was your character able to leave boat at harbor A?
    Also, did you set CoordSynchronize to 2?

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 1st September 2015, 17:15

Thank you for your response.

The problem with the crashing boats is in Talking Island harbor as well as Gludin harbor because of two routes in the harbor.

I checked the behavior again and can say that the problem with leaving the boat occurs on the target harbor. So if you ride from A to B, you can't exit the boat in harbor B.
    At harbor A entering and leaving the boat works good.

I noticed something small but maybe interesting: After arrival on harbor B, the ship is not moving slightly up and down. I don't know if it has something to do with this bug.

The server is configured with CoordSync=2 and Cellpathfinding = true.

I started to check the boat routes:
    Talking Island -> Gludin = fine
    Gludin -> Talking Island = fine
    Gludin -> Giran = fine
    Giran -> Gludin = fine
    Innadril boat tour= fine
    Gludin -> Rune = broken (The ship clips through the rocks near orc barracks, no chance to get back on)
    Rune -> Gludin = broken (It first sails through a rock in the water next to Catacomb of dark omens. You may still stay on board. But then, it sails through the rocks right nearby Gludin harbor and throws you into the water.)

AnonymousDeveloper

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 2nd September 2015, 18:22

Well, i improved the Geo issue but not with 100% success.
    After testing a lot, i modified the code so that players ignore pathfinding while on boat. It's almost as you suggested.
    However, due to the fact that stopMove packet stopped character right when trying to exit boat, geo would sometimes not allow one to exit.
    I removed stopMove packet (if boat is not moving), so that passenger can go outside without being interrupted.
    Then another problem occured. There are cases that if character clicks to another point before reaching the previous point to exit boat, he/she moves back to the ship because boat state is null, character hasn't moved to a proper client location, and my geo fix is not applied.
    All in all, new revision allows passengers to leave boat, but it's a bit unstable at low character speed.

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 6th September 2015, 21:04

AnonymousDeveloper wrote:
    Talking Island -> Gludin = fine
    Gludin -> Talking Island = fine
    Gludin -> Giran = fine
    Giran -> Gludin = fine
    Innadril boat tour= fine
    Gludin -> Rune = broken (The ship clips through the rocks near orc barracks, no chance to get back on)
    Rune -> Gludin = broken (It first sails through a rock in the water next to Catacomb of dark omens. You may still stay on board. But then, it sails through the rocks right nearby Gludin harbor and throws you into the water.)

If you check latest revision, boat engine has been updated.
    First of all, i got rid of the lame time-based boat path system.
    Now, it's completely handled by AI movement.
    Also, i updated some bad stats for all boats.

Let me point out that old system played a major role in messing up boat paths.

Gludin -> Rune = Quite good. It just sails through a rock next to Dark Omens.
    Rune -> Gludin = Perfect. It's not sailing through the rock next to Dark omens anymore.
    The same goes for Gludin Harbor rocks.

I didn't have time to confirm that there are no problems to the rest of the boats, and also didn't test with active geodata.

This is a new system, so if you get into any new trouble, please let me know.
    Thanks for reporting.

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 10th September 2015, 21:41

Sadly, I am back in this topic.

I implemented the changes into my server and now things are going crazy.

The innadrill boat sails on two positions through the rocks.
    At the end it (as far as i remember) turns 360° once.

The innadrill boat is seen under water a second before it reaches its harbor.
    When you get on it, everything is fine until it leaves the docks.
    You instantly get a breath gauge and get damage after it's empty.

The TI -> Giran ship also instantly activates your breath gauge and causes damage after it's empty.
    I haven't finished this trip.

I haven't checked out the other ships, will do it some time.

Thank you.

Update: Got a screenshot of the boat:

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 21st September 2015, 20:53

Okay, I took a look about what's wrong with the appearing breath gauge.
    The loc-z of the char gets instantly down to about -4600 (water ground).
    It slowly reduces itself, but (I guess due to the Z-coord synchronization) it jumps down to -4600 again.

Server thinks your under water and you get your breath gauge.

(-4600 on the boat from Gludin to Talking Island, but it shouldn't matter on which boat you are.)

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 21st September 2015, 23:17

A new revision came out few hours ago that fixes all these problems.
    It took me a bit longer to complete it due to a small car accident that delayed me a little bit (had to take care of the damage and other responsibilities).
    The problem was that boats didn't ignore geodata.
    A fix of l2j was to set boats as flying vehicles, but according to my tests other problems occured with flying checks.
    I added boat checks to disregard geodata during movement and boats seem to move fine.
    I tested all boats (except Innadril because i had no time), and all of them performed their trip without any noticeable trouble.
    Giran to Talking Island boat was moving through a big piece of land when it reached Talking Island, but i added an extra path to avoid it.
    I had no luck making exit perfect. Geodata will just not cooperate.
    The problem when a character logged out on Rune boat and spawned under water after entering has been fixed.
    Also, there was a possibility that a flying character could exploit boat peaceful zone.
    I prevented flying characters from entering boat mode, and removed peaceful zone status. I might re-add it later, since only flying characters were the actual problem.

I believe this is a big progress. Thanks a lot for the feedback, and my apologies for the trouble you went into to test.
    Karakan

Post  Karakan on 21st September 2015, 23:40

It took me a bit longer to complete it due to a small car accident that delayed me a little bit (had to take care of the damage and other responsibilities).

Sorry to here that DnR.
    I hope everything is fine.
    Get well soon. Smile

Now to the not so important part : Thanks for improving boats!! Smile

DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR on 21st September 2015, 23:54

Karakan wrote:

Sorry to here that DnR.
    I hope everything is fine.
    Get well soon. Smile

Now to the not so important part : Thanks for improving boats!! Smile

The good thing is none of us got hurt.
    It's mostly the economical burden to repair the car and insurance procedures that bothered me, not to mention that i could not use my personal mean of transport and public transport is a bit awful here.
    Fortunately, i had my brother help me fix the car and one problem is solved.
    Thanks a lot for worrying. Smile
    Karakan

Post  Karakan on 22nd September 2015, 00:10

The good thing is none of us got hurt.

Glad to hear that Smile

Fortunately, i had my brother help me fix the car and one problem is solved.

La Familia the most important thing in Life ! ^^

AnonymousDeveloper

Post  AnonymousDeveloper on 12th October 2015, 00:19

After some time I am back. Smile

First of all, thank you for the fixes. The boats work now without geodata issues.

Some things which are left unresolved:

-) The boats are still crashing into each other in TI Harbor or Gludin Harbor.
    -) You cannot use a social action on a boat. (like /socialsad or /socialhello)

Keep up the great work!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content